ProFlow Ceramic Headers (Pair)
Pro Flow headers have a number of features that make them the best you can buy for the money.
- 3/8" flanges to prevent warping
- Made of 16 gauge 1 1/2'' diameter tubing
- Modern "dome" style collectors eliminate collector gasket
- One piece construction
One model fits 289, 302 and 351W *. Headers don't need to be removed in the event of starter trouble. Complete with hardware, gaskets and start tubes.
While headers are a great addition to your exhaust system, there are some common issues you may run into when you use them. The header bolts tend to come loose and that leads to the annoying tick, tick tick, from the typically failing gasket. The gasket fails because the bolts come loose. Also, you could end up dealing with burnt plug wires which can cause misfire resulting in a lack of power and poor performance. So, with all that in mind, you may be thinking, 'why should I bother running headers?' Probably the original reason you were looking at headers was for the power, performance and mileage gains. You can have that without the headaches as long as we add a few extras to the project. If you just want to do the slam dunk, grab the complete header enhancement kit below. Alternatively, you can select just the parts of the kit that you are interested in.
Now how do these accessories address each of the common issues associated with using headers?
- The Stage 8 locking header bolts will completely stop the bolts from loosening. This will save your gaskets for as long as possible.
- Seal your headers to the maximum level with the Reflex headers seals. They won't Burn Out: 100% flexible graphite construction means Remflex gaskets are good for up to 3,000°F — far exceeding that of any vehicle's exhaust system temperature!
- Save your spark plug wires with our Plug Boot Protectors. These protectors will keep the boots from burning, preventing misfire and allow the spark to get to the plug where it belongs.
- None of our headers will fit the 302 engines with 3 or 4 port air injector tubes. These were sometimes used on 74-75 Broncos as part of the emissions system. All of the headers can be modified to fit by grinding clearance on header flange.
- None of our headers are designed to fit 5.0 "P" heads.
- Headers do not require any modification of the smog system to render it inoperable. Existing smog systems should always stay intact. Consult your local laws before ordering.