The MSD 6A Ignition Control set the standards that other ignitions strive to reach. In fact, you'll find ignitions from other companies that carry the 6A name (and in some cases, the same part number). MSD raised the bar even higher with the revised Digital 6A Ignition Control!
The wiring of the Digital 6A is routed out one end of the unit through a sealed and locking connector. This eases installation and keeps your wiring looking neat and clean.
Inside the Digital 6A you'll find a microprocessor that monitors and controls every firing and rev limit. The circuits are updated with efficient components that help the ignition produce more power while drawing less current! In fact, the Digital 6A deliver over 530 volts to the coil with up to 135mJ of spark energy for every firing! Increased output combined with MSD's proven multiple spark series is a win-win situation!
The Digital 6A are supplied with the wiring harness and the components you'll need for installation. Both ignitions are compatible on 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines with 12-volt, negative ground electrical systems. They'll accept trigger inputs from breaker points, amplifiers and magnetic pickups.
- Will not accept a rev limiter
- High output with 530 volts and 135mJ of spark energy
- Efficient components use less current to produce more power
- Built-in LED for system checks
- All wires exit through a locked, sealed connector
- Compatible with 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines
WARNING FOR 62013
- Brand MSD
- Current Draw .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Emission Code 1
- Features No Rev Limiter
- Primary Voltage 520-540 Volts
- Product Type Ignition
- RPM Range 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Secondary Voltage 45,000 Volts
- Spark Energy 135-145 mJ per spark
- Spark Series Duration 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- Voltage Required 12-15 Volts, 7 Volt Start
- Weight and Size 1.7 lbs., 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H
: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
This part is legal for use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board Executive Order number or is a direct or consolidated replacement part.