Hydroboost Power Brake System
After 10 years Ford saw the need for power brakes on the early Bronco. Power brakes were optional for the 1976 and 77 model years. They picked a vacuum booster to do the grunt work in the system. That's when the stock tire size was 78-15 (small). Today there are a whole lot of us who choose to run large tires (33's, 35's, 37's, 40's etc.) and we want good brakes too!
When we installed our first Hydroboost system, we were literally shocked at how well it worked. You will be too! The WH Hydroboost System consists of all brand new parts. Nothing rebuilt! The firewall adapter plate bolts the system into the stock holes in your firewall. Only a small modification to the firewall hole is needed. We recommend choosing a complete system including new hydraulic hoses, brake lines, and master cylinder, for a convenient and hassle free installation. You can, however, choose just the parts you want, but this system will NOT
work with the stock Master Cylinder.
Select Your Options.
- The Hydroboost Master Cylinder will work with any hydroboost brake configuration. You can not use your stock master cylinder with this kit.
- Our Hydraulic Hose Set includes custom stainless steel braided hoses and fittings for your steering box and pump. The hose kit even comes with the cool billet hose clamps you see in the photo. You can select "No Hoses" if you desire.
- Our Custom Brake Line Set is custom made to order at WH. These are the hoses from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve. Select Rubber or Stainless or you can select the No Hoses option.
- NOTE: Your proportioning valve or distribution block must be located in the stock position.
- Our system will not clear 5.0 or 5.8 EFI with the air cleaner and throttle body mounted on the driver's side.
See the "Before and After" note the modified section. A template for the modification is included. Also note that the picture above is the finished result.