The 5080 Fan Controller was designed to be the ultimate option in flexibility and simplicity. This simple add-on makes life easier with any application using an electric fan. Included is a 70amp relay, enough for even the most power hungry of cooling fans. Fully programmable, this unit will work with your existing water temp gauge, operating from the temperature sending unit already installed. A dedicated sending unit can be installed for applications without a water temp gauge. OBD II compatible vehicles can obtain the engine temperature from the ECM with the use of a BIM-01-2, purchased separately.
- Compatible with single fan, dual fan or single two-speed fan applications.
- 70A relay included, additional available separately.
- User-programmable on and off temperatures.
- Key-off run time adjustable from 0-5 minutes.
- Works with many stock temp gauge/ senders.
- Can be directly connected to a Dakota Digital plastic-control box instrument system.
- Temperature and vehicle speed data transferred with one connection!
- Connection allows adjustable highway-speed fan shut off.
- OBD-II compatible (with purchase of BIM-01-2).
- Dedicated temp sender available (part number 5084).
- Bluetooth enabled for use with mobile programming/ setup app.
- LED readout for simple programming.
- Box measures 4" wide, 2.25" high, 1" thick.
- Fan Temperature Selection Range: 150F- 250F
- Compatible Dakota Digital instrument system: RTX, HDX, VHX and VFD3 systems with a black plastic control module.
*The use of a second relay will be required for dual fan or two speed fan operation. (not included)
This fan controller features fully programmable “fan on” and “fan off” temperatures to suit any application or personal preferences. It also offers a full digital LED readout for displaying temperature readings and maintaining simple installation. A second relay is required for dual fan or two speed fan operation.
When used in conjunction with BIM-compatible Dakota Digital instrumentation or a BIM-01-2, a single cable transfers speed and temperature data to the controller allowing the fan to be shut off at an adjustable highway speed!
Mounting is recommended inside the cab of the vehicle or an alternate dry environment. This controller is not designed for engine compartment mounting.