Painless Convenience Module with Light Sensor
Bring your classic car or truck into the 21st century.
The Painless Convenience Module allows you to retrofit your older vehicle with standard features found on many vehicles sold today. Cars today have many features that 15 to 20 years ago were unheard of. The Convenience Module brings these features to you in a complete kit with easy to follow instructions.
The installation of this module requires no cutting of factory wiring, and in most cases, can be installed in less than a couple hours. Vehicles must switch ground through the door jamb switches/ground activated dome lights (standard on GM & MOPAR vehicles) in order for this module to operate correctly. Ford vehilces will require the use of GM style door jamb switches and headlight switch.
Features included with this module are:
Dome Light Delay and Dimming
- The delay feature will delay the dome light from turning off for 20 seconds after a door is closed or until the ignition is turned to the "ON" position. Once the dome light is commanded to turn off, it will slowly dim over a 5 second period of time and then go out. This dimming feature also referred to by many as "theater" lighting, creates a slower progression from light to dark.
- After the ignition is turned off, even with the key removed from the ignition switch, the Radio or Accessory side of the fuse block (depending on how it is wired, see p.??) will remain powered for 15 minutes or until a door is opened.
- Headlight delay will keep the headlights turned on for 15 seconds after the vehicle's ignition has been turned off. This will help illuminate dark parking places, offering safety and security, while the driver exits the vehicle. This feature will only operate if the headlights were on before the ignition was turned off.
- The Chime, supplied with the kit, will sound if the headlight switch is left in the headlights "on" or park lights "on" position and a door is opened. This will prevent coming out to your vehicle, trying to start it, only to find a dead battery because the headlight switch was left on.
- Using the included light sensor, this feature will automatically turn your headlights On and Off according to the light conditions the sensor reads. The sensor will read low light levels for 10 seconds before activating the headlights. When the headlights are on, the sensor must see bright enough light levels for 5 minutes before the headlights are turned back off.
Turn Signal Alert
- The Chime, supplied with the kit, will sound if the turn signal has been left on for 90 seconds. This will alert you that the turn signal has been left on my mistake.
CLICK HERE for Installation Instructions