How To Choose The Right Harness For Your Vehicle
If your car or truck is not listed among the specific vehicle applications mentioned in the Chrysler, Ford, GM, or Jeep Catagory, one of the proven universal kits is your best choice. These kits are designed to be used on a wide range of vehicle types. All of the Painless kits come ready to install. The problems have been thought out for you and the kits were designed to be truly Painless. The 12 circuit kits will cover the most basic chassis wiring needs.
If your car or truck will have additional electrical accessories such as power windows, door locks or other creature comforts, you will want an 18 circuit harness. Remember that you may want to install these items some time in the future, so now is the time to provide wiring by installing the 18 circuit harness.
There is one other consideration that is important: Is your ignition switch on the steering column or in the dash? Use the designated "for GM steering column" for early style "keyed" steering columns from GM. All kits come with more than enough wire and terminals, etc. to do the job. You route and cut to suit your vehicle's needs.
The 12-circuit Painless kits can be used in just about any behicle where basic wiring is needed. 12-circuit harnesses include: Air Conditioning, Heat, Brake Lights, Ignition, Horn, Electric Fan, Emergency Flashers, Dash Instruments, Headlights, Radio (constant and ignition hot), Turn Signals, Wipers, Dome Light, Tail Lights, Backup Lights, Third Brake Light, Charging, Electric Choke and Starting.
- PP10101 GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - This kit includes GM (column mounted) ignition switch plugs and a GM (column mounted) turn signal switch plug pre-terminated and ready to install. Also included are pre-wired plugs for headlights and the dimmer switch.
- PP10102 NON-GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - This kit does not include the GM column mounted ignition switch plugs but includes the GM column mounted turn signal switch plugs and terminals.
- PP10103 TRUCK GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - Great for trucks with long beds and extended cabs.
- PP10104 TRUCK NON-GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - Great for trucks with long beds and extended cabs.
The 18-circuit kit has everything offered in the 12-circuit kit and allows you to add accessories to the basic wiring such as Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Accessory Plug, Electric Fuel Pump, Bakup Lights/Cruise Control, and Power antenna.
- PP10201 GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - This kit includes GM (column mounted) ignition switch plugs and a GM (column mounted) turn signal switch plug pre-terminated and ready to install. Also included are pre-wired plugs for headlights and the dimmer switch.
- PP10202 NON-GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - This kit does not include the GM column mounted ignition switch plugs but includes the GM column mounted turn signal switch plugs and terminals.
- PP10203 TRUCK GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - Great for trucks with long beds and extended cabs.
- PP10204 TRUCK NON-GM KEYED STEERING COLUMN - Great for trucks with long beds and extended cabs.
14-Circuit Remote Mount Micro Fuse Harness
This micro Fuse Harness solves a dilemma faced by many custom car builders: where to mount the fuse block. With engine compartments becoming more crowded and underdash space at a premium, there often is not room for a standard size fuse block.
The PP10130 Micro Fuse Harness is the answer.
Trunk Mount Chassis Harness
In many street rods and custom cars there is little or no room to mount the fuse block under the dash, forcing modifications to either the car or the harness.
The trunk mount wiring harness provides additional wire from the fuse block to the dash and front end, allowing the remote installation of the fuse block in the trunk or behind the rear seat. Like all Painless kits, these fuseblocks come completely prewired and terminated for a simple, painless installation. Includes GM column mounted ignition and turn signal plugs.
- PP10120 12-Circuit Trunk Mount
- PP10220 18-Circuit Trunk Mount
Muscle Car Harnesses
Can your electrical system handle all of the power demands of today's aftermarket add-ons? It can if it's Painless. These harnesses use the highest quality thermal-crosslink (TXL) polyethylene wire rated to 125C (275F) degrees - twice the voltage load of standard GPT wire. That's power on demand. This harness is for most 1960s and 70s Chrysler, Ford and GM cars where a bulkhead connector is required. May require minor bulkhead modifications.
- PP20103 12-Circuit Universal Muscle Car
- PP20104 18-Circuit Universal Muscle Car
These weatherproof harnesses feature weatherproof fuse block with clear O-ring-sealed cover, Weatherproof heat-sealed crimp-on terminals, Waterproof horn relay, and Machine crimped splices with weatherproof shrink tubing.
- PP10140 Universal 20 Circuit
Extreme Off-Road Harness
Made specifically for a rock crawler, sand rail or other off road vehicle.
- PP10144 10-Circuit Harness